A Truly Wired Experiment - Day 2

It is 24 hours since I decided to undertake the task of abstaining from Facebook and YouTube for a week. And, I have survived so far. I wanted to mention, but I forgot yesterday, my usage habits. For Facebook, I use it mainly to check what everyone is doing, comment on statuses etc..but I don't get a lot of messages on my wall and such. For YouTube, I use it for music and for videos from subscriptions.

I found it was a bit harder to resist YouTube...especially since I knew there would be new videos and I wanted to listen to new music I did not have on my iPod yet. I didn't feel any compelling urge to go on Facebook, probably because I knew I wouldn't find anything there. So overall, the first day was easy..all I had to do was constantly remind myself but no overpowering willpower was required.

Now, in the morning, I was optimistic about the day, hoping to accomplish a lot of things with my spare time. However, my brother caused me to be very irritable and angry. Upon reflection, it sounded like I was suffering withdrawal symptoms (Lol)..but more likely, I was mad that my brother broke through my optimistic bubble by wasting two hours.

Study Hour Count: I'll say 4 hours (but I took a lot of time to do some simple stuff...so I don't see it as an improvement)

Maybe tomorrow, I'll feel the real withdrawal symptoms and my willpower will have to overcome some epic battle with my craving, but that's for another day.

P.S. I'm almost done "Pillars of the Earth", so look forward to my first BookWorm review soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment